Notable cast changes (chronological)Edit
- Andrew Rannells assumed temporarily the role of King George III from Jonathan Groff from October 27 to November 29, 2015.
- Rory O'Malley took over the role of King George III from Groff on April 11, 2016.
- Groff returned for one performance during the show's filming.
- Jon Rua left the show on June 20th, 2016. It was then announced he would return as the Hamilton alternate.
- Javier Muñoz took over as Alexander Hamilton from Lin-Manuel Miranda on July 11, 2016, previously the role's alternate.
- Michael Luwoye assumed the role of Hamilton's alternate, and understudied the role of Aaron Burr.
- Lexi Lawson took over as Elizabeth Schuyler from Phillipa Soo on July 11, 2016.
- Brandon Victor Dixon assumed the role of Aaron Burr on August 23, 2016.
- Daveed Diggs signed off as Marquis de Lafayette on July 15, 2016.
- Mandy Gonzalez assumed the role of Angelica Schuyler from Renée Elise Goldsberry on September 6, 2016.
- Nicholas Christopher assumed the role of George Washington from Christopher Jackson on November 15, 2016.
- Jordan Fisher assumed the role of John Laurens/Philip Hamilton from Anthony Ramos on November 22, 2016.
- Jasmine Cephas Jones signed off as Peggy Schuyler/Maria Reynolds on December 8, 2016. The role was performed by its understudies until taken over by Alysha Deslorieux on December 16, 2016.
- Okieriete Onaodowan signed off the Broadway company on December 24, 2016. The role of Hercules Mulligan/James Madison was performed by its understudies before J. Quinton Johnson assumed the role on January 6, 2017.
- Bryan Terrell Clark assumed the role of George Washington from Nicholas Christopher on January 10, 2017.
- Taran Killam took over as King George III from Rory O'Malley on January 17, 2017.
- Anthony Lee Medina will assume the role of John Laurens/Philip Hamilton from Jordan Fisher on March 5, 2017.
- James Monroe Iglehart will assume the role of Marquis de Lafayette/Thomas Jefferson from Seth Stewart in April 2017, though the exact date is to be announced.
- Michael Luwoye's final performance as the Alexander Hamilton alternate was on February 14, 2017, as Luwoye exited to lead the National Tour with the main role of Hamilton.
- Luwoye's replacement as Hamilton on Broadway is Jon Rua.