Anthony Ramos was an actor in the musical Hamilton as well as a variety of other popular musicals such as Grease, In The Heights, 21 Chump Street and Little Shop Of Horrors. He portrayed John Laurens and Philip Hamilton in the musical, until he left on November 20th, 2016.
Anthony Ramos Martinez was born November 1, 1991 and lived in Bushwick, Brooklyn with his mother, older brother, and younger sister.
He attended Hasely Junior High School and was part of a Motown group called the Hasley trio. He then moved on to New Utrecht High School, from which he graduated from in 2009. He attended the musical theatre program of the American Musical and Dramatic Academy on a full scholarship and graduated from there in 2011.
Not much is known about Anthony Ramos' private life other than the fact that he is currently dating fellow actress, Jasmine Cephas Jones.
- His full name is Anthony Ramos Martinez, Martinez being his father's last name.
- He is of Puerto Rican descent.
- Before being an actor he was a preschool teacher, then a baker.
- He is the youngest member of the Original Broadway Cast of Hamilton
- Before Hamilton he was laid off a $64 million job at Radio City Music Hall.
- He started dating fellow cast member Jasmine Cephas Jones during rehearsals.
- Wait For It is his favorite Hamilton song.
- He pronounces ambulance as "am-buh-lance".